Tue, 13 Jun 2006

benq sux0rs

I bought an el'cheapo benq projector (the PB6100) at the end of October 2004. It's worked alright but I was having some trouble with a flicker in the picture a long while ago and after trying a bunch of things I read on the net without any improvement I emailed benq on Jan 4th 2006 with a description of my problem to see if it was something they could fix and if the unit was still under warranty or not. Anyways it went without a reply and I pretty much forgot about it and I never did fix the flicker and I've just learned to live with it and don't notice it so much anymore. Then today I get an email:


Dear BenQ Customer,

A BenQ Customer Service Engineer has replied to your inquiry!

...

--------------------Replied by CSD Neva Seelley at 2006/06/14 03:36:55--------------------
Sorry for the delay in reply, if you still have problems or questionsplease call 866-600-2367


Just over 6 months and they reply? I kinda assumed my email got trashed or lost but then they reply? Ugh. Anyways long story short when the bulb in my projector dies I think I'll just go buy a new projector and make sure it's not a BenQ.

posted at: 22:39 | path: /general | permanent link to this entry


Thu, 01 Jun 2006

IE .focus() problem

Another problem I just came across was the .focus() call not working in IE after adding a new INPUT element. The page I'm working on uses a input box to type in a product number, does a lookup and if it finds the product it provides a quantity box and if not displays an error along with the input box again. After the input/quantity box is created and displayed I call .focus() so that the user can continue typing in products/quantities without having to use the mouse and select the input box. In IE this seems to not work as the .focus() call doesn't seem to be doing anything. I did some searching and was able to fix the problem by adding a .select() call after the .focus() call. This seems to have fixed the problem and it's working quite well now.

posted at: 17:29 | path: /general | permanent link to this entry

adding rows to tables using Javascript+DOM in IE

I've been doing some website work recently and came across an annoyance while checking to see how the page was working in Internet Explorer. The problem showed up when I was trying to add a row of data to a table using the mochikit.DOM API. After doing some google searching I finally found the problem and it seems when adding a row you have to encapslate it in a tbody tag in order for IE to render it. I'm not exactly sure why this is but it's sloved the problem.

So instead of appending <tr><td>data<td><tr> to the table I append <tbody><tr><td>data</td></tr></tbody> and it now works in IE.

posted at: 17:04 | path: /general | permanent link to this entry


2019-Sep
2019-Jul
2019-Jun
2019-May
2018-Dec
2018-Jan
2017-Aug
2017-Jun
2017-May
2016-Nov
2015-Dec
2015-Nov
2015-Oct
2015-Jul
2015-Jun
2014-Dec
2012-Oct
2012-Sep
2012-Jun
2012-Feb
2012-Jan
2011-Dec
2011-Sep
2011-Aug
2011-May
2011-Feb
2010-Jun
2010-Apr
2010-Jan
2009-Sep
2009-Jul
2009-May
2009-Jan
2008-Oct
2008-Sep
2008-Jun
2008-May
2008-Jan
2007-Nov
2007-Oct
2007-Aug
2007-Jun
2007-May
2007-Mar
2007-Feb
2007-Jan
2006-Nov
2006-Oct
2006-Sep
2006-Aug
2006-Jun
2006-Apr
2006-Jan
2005-Dec
2005-Nov
2005-Oct
2005-Sep
2005-Aug
2005-Jul
2005-Jun
2005-May
2005-Apr
2005-Mar
2005-Feb
2005-Jan
2004-Dec
2004-Nov
2004-Oct
2004-Sep
2004-Aug
2004-Jul
2004-Jun
2004-May

Powered by PyBlosxom | RSS 2.0