The gtk Class Reference
The gtk Class Reference
Table of Contents
- popup window displaying information about an application (new in PyGTK 2.6)
- a group of accelerators for a Window hierarchy
- a label which displays accelerator info to the right of the text
- accessibility support for widgets.
- an action which can be triggered by a menu or toolbar item (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a group of actions (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- an object representing an adjustable bounded value
- a widget that controls the alignment and size of its child
- produces an arrow pointing in one of the four cardinal directions.
- A frame that constrains its child to a particular aspect ratio.
- a widget used to guide users through multi-step operations (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- an abstract base class defining a container with just one child.
- an object containing data for a border (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- an abstract base class for box containers
- A pushbutton widget that issues a signal when clicked.
- the base class for widgets that contain multiple buttons
- a widget that displays a calendar and allows the user to select a date.
- an interface for editing a TreeView cell
- an interface for packing cells
- a base class for objects that render on a gtk.gdk.Drawable
- an object that renders a keyboard accelerator in a cell (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- an object that renders a gtk.ComboBoxEntry into a gtk.TreeView cell (new in PyGTK 2.6)
- an object that renders a pixbuf into a gtk.TreeView cell
- an object that renders numbers as progress bars in a gtk.TreeView (new in PyGTK 2.6)
- an object that renders a spin button in a cell (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- an object that renders text into a gtk.TreeView cell
- an object that renders a toggle button into a TreeView cell
- a widget displaying a single row of a gtk.TreeModel (new in PyGTK 2.6).
- a toggle button widget styled as a checkbox and label
- a menu item with a check box.
- an object to store data to and retrieve data from (new in PyGTK 2.2)
- a button to launch a color selection dialog (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a widget used to select a color.
- a standard dialog for selecting a color.
- a text entry field with a dropdown list.
- a widget used to choose from a list of items (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a text entry field with a dropdown list (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a base class for widgets that contain other widgets
- allows direct editing of a curve.
- popup windows for user information and action
- a widget for custom user interface elements.
- an interface for text-editing widgets.
- a single line text entry field.
- completion functionality for gtk.Entry (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a widget used to catch events for widgets which do not have their own window.
- a container that can hide its child (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- an interface for choosing files used by gtk.FileChooserWidget and gtk.FileChooserDialog (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a button to launch a gtk.FileChooserDialog (new in PyGTK 2.6)
- a file chooser dialog, suitable for "File/Open" or "File/Save" commands(new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a file chooser widget that can be embedded in other widgets(new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a filter for selecting a file subset (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a dialog used to prompt the user for a file or directory name
- a container which allows you to position widgets at fixed coordinates
- a button to launch a font selection dialog (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a widget for selecting fonts.
- a dialog for selecting fonts.
- a bin with a decorative frame and optional label.
- subclass of gtk.Curve for editing gamma curves.
- a TreeView cell renderer that helps create cell renderers in Python
- a TreeView model that helps create tree models in Python
- a widget for detachable window portions.
- a horizontal container box
- a container for arranging buttons horizontally.
- a container with two panes arranged horizontally.
- a horizontal ruler.
- a horizontal slider widget for selecting a value from a range.
- a horizontal scrollbar widget
- a horizontal separator.
- an object that manages a group of icon sets.
- object containing information about and icon in an icon theme (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- contains a set of variants for an icon
- a source for icon variants
- look up icons by name and size (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a widget which displays a list of icons in a grid (new in PyGTK 2.6)
- A widget displaying an image
- a menuitem that displays an image with an accel label
- an abstract base class defining a generic input method interface
- an input method context object that supports "simple" input methods
- an input method context object that manages the use of multiple input method contexts for a widget
- a dialog for configuring devices for the XInput extension.
- internally-used widget which is not displayed.
- abstract base class for gtk.MenuItem
- creates menus, menubars and option menus from a data description.
- a widget that displays a limited amount of read-only text
- infinite scrollable area containing child widgets and custom drawing
- a button bound to a URL (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- a list model to use with a gtk.TreeView
- a drop down menu widget.
- a widget that displays gtk.MenuItem widgets horizontally
- the widget used for an item in menus
- a base class for menu objects.
- A gtk.ToolItem containing a button with an additional dropdown menu (new in PyGTK 2.6)
- a convenient message window
- a base class for widgets with alignments and padding.
- a tabbed notebook container.
- the base class of the PyGTK type hierarchy.
- a widget used to provide a list of valid choices.
- an object that stores page setup information (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- a base class for widgets with two adjustable panes
- an object providing support for named paper sizes (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- A toplevel window for embedding into other processes.
- Encapsulates context for drawing pages (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- a high-level printing API (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- an interface for printing preview (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- Stores print settings (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- a widget which indicates progress visually.
- an action that can be grouped so that only one can be active (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a choice of one of multiple check buttons.
- a choice from multiple check menu items.
- a toolbar item that contains a radio button (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a base class for widgets that allow a user to set a value in a range.
- an object holding resource styles
- Displays recently used files in a dialog (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- Displays recently used files in a menu (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- Displays recently used files (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- an interface implemented by gtk.RecentChooserWidget, gtk.RecentChooserMenu and gtk.RecentChooserDialog (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- A filter for selecting a subset of recently used files (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- information found when looking up an entry of the recently used files list. (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- manages recently used files (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- an object containing information about the desired space requirements of a widget.
- a base class for horizontal or vertical rulers
- a base class for the scale widgets.
- a base class for scrollbar widgets.
- adds scrollbars to its child widget.
- an object that stores information about a selection
- a base class for visual separator widgets.
- a separator used in menus.
- a toolbar item that separates groups of other toolbar items (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- an object that contains the global settings for the widgets on a gtk.gdk.Screen
- an object that groups widgets so they request the same size
- a container for widgets from other processes.
- retrieve an integer or floating-point number from the user.
- report messages of minor importance to the user.
- display an icon in the system tray (new in PyGTK 2.10)
- an object that hold style information for widgets
- layout widgets in a two-dimensional array
- a menu item used to tear off and reattach its menu.
- an object containing the attributes set on some text
- stores attributed text for display in a gtk.TextView
- a location in a textbuffer for placing widgets
- an object pointing at a location in a gtk.TextBuffer
- a position in a textbuffer that is preserved across textbuffer modifications
- an object used to apply attributes to text in a gtk.TextBuffer
- A collection of gtk.TextTag objects that can be used together
- a widget that displays the contents of a gtk.TextBuffer
- an action which can be toggled between two states (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a button that retains its state
- A gtk.ToolItem containing a toggle button (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a bar holding buttons and other widgets.
- a gtk.ToolItem subclass that displays buttons (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- the base class of widgets that can be added to gtk.Toolbar (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- add tips to your widgets.
- an interface that manages the data transfer for a destination of a gtk.TreeView drag and drop operation
- an interface that manages the source data transfer for a gtk.TreeView drag and drop operation
- An object that points at a path in a gtk.TreeModel.
- the tree interface used by gtk.TreeView
- a gtk.TreeModel which hides parts of an underlying tree (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a tree model that is a sorted version of a child gtk.TreeModel
- an object representing a row in a gtk.TreeModel
- an object for iterating over a set of gtk.TreeModelRow objects.
- an object maintaining a persistent reference to a gtk.TreeModel row (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- the selection object for gtk.TreeView
- an interface for sorting a gtk.TreeModel
- a model for tree widgets with columns
- a widget for displaying both trees and lists.
- a visible column in a gtk.TreeView widget
- construct menus and toolbars from an XML description (new in PyGTK 2.4)
- a vertical container box
- a container for arranging buttons vertically.
- A container with two panes arranged vertically.
- a vertical ruler.
- a vertical slider widget used to select a value from a range.
- a vertical scrollbar
- a vertical separator.
- a widget displaying a portion of a larger widget.
- the base class for all PyGTK widgets
- a top-level window that holds one child widget.
- a group of gtk.Window widgets
- miscellaneous functions
- prebuilt common menu/toolbar items and corresponding icons
- the built-in constants of the gtk module